The Data Analytics initiative enables city hall to make better, more timely decisions using data to improve city services.
- Assess internal capacity for data analytics through a skills assessment survey.
- Identify department-level data champions and convene a monthly citywide data working group, supported by a data intern.
- Hire a citywide data analytics lead.
- Launch a data training program, possibly through an external partnership (e.g. local university or technology training platform).
- Focus training activities on working through practical solutions to be with departments for more “quick wins.”
- Update training policies to include training for data analytics and visualization.
- Establish a bench of on-call analytics consultants
- Develop data sharing standards for procurement processes to support a data-driven City Hall.
Strategic Plan Page 25