The Sensor Program initiative collects hyper-local data about how the city is working for more informed public policy decisions.
- Identify potential partners for an IoT program and potential use cases.
- Incorporate building performance (“vital signs”) measures and tracking into the green building program update to be kicked off in 2018.
- Create a portal for the data collected and initiate staff training and experimentation (e.g. hackathons) with this information.
- Track how this data is used.
- Consider creating a design competition to adapt IoT sensors to existing infrastructure or create new smart city hubs.
Strategic Plan Page 39